A beautiful arrangement of stunning flowers is always a great treat. Maintaining your bouquet can be the difference between days and weeks of enjoyment. Let the experts at The Flower Bucket provide you with some advice on keeping your blooms beautiful longer.
Receiving an amazing display like Sherbet, our fabulous piece boasting raspberry and orange blooms, is even better when you know how to keep your flowers looking their best as long as possible. Follow these easy steps for caring for your flowers and find yourself dazzled by them for weeks.
- Trim stems underwater for fast absorption before arranging in a vase.
- Add a preservative like a white vinegar (2 tablespoons) and sugar (3 tablespoons) mix to a quart of lukewarm vase water to promote nourishment and reduce harmful bacteria.
- Display flowers away from direct sunlight, extreme heat or cold, drafts, and ripening fruit (especially pears and apples).
- Change vase water and preservative mix every two to three days to maintain fresh, crisp blooms with rich color.
- If flowers begin to wilt, laying them in a warm bath for 20-60 minutes will revive them.
When you want the very best, trust The Flower Bucket to provide you with excellent flowers and professional service, including great advice about the care and keeping of your new arrangement. We’re always glad to help!