Celebrate Just Because Day
The alarm clock rings and we are off and running. From the moment we open our eyes until our head hits the pillow, most of us have full days, every day. We have errands to complete, appointments to keep and responsibilities to fulfill.
It’s true, our lives are overflowing with lots of things that we have to do, which is why August 27 offers us a welcome change from our routine. Just Because Day beckons us to set aside those things we must do, and instead spend a few hours doing things we truly want to do. The team at The Flower Bucket has experienced first hand how meaningful it is when someone receives flowers “just because”, and we would love to conspire with you to surprise the people in your life who deserve some unexpected joy.
This carefree holiday had its humble beginnings over 50 years ago, when a California man instituted a day for his family to exchange gifts and niceties “just because”. The concept spread to his friends, his neighborhood, his community. In 2005, it was added to the registry of thousands of fun ways to celebrate our everyday lives. On this special day ,we are challenged to be spontaneous, do something different, and do it all “just because”.
* Sleep in late, have breakfast in bed, and watch a marathon of your favorite show.
* Take a long walk down a trail you’ve never explored.
* Buy a bouquet of daisies or carnations, and hand out single stems to people you meet as you go.
* Send a handwritten note to a teacher or mentor who influenced your life, even if it has been decades.
* Send your best friend a bouquet of her favorite flowers.
* Find a playground, and see how high you can swing, just like when you were a kid.
* Send yourself flowers! You don’t need a reason to surround yourself with beauty.
August 27 is Just Because Day, and you have free rein to be completely spontaneous! Whatever you choose to do, don’t forget the flowers that turn any ordinary day into an extraordinary one.
The Flower Bucket is happy to deliver throughout the greater San Antonio area.test